Monday, 1 June 2015

San Antonio// Wandering the Riverwalk



The Alamo

we don't have trees like this in Minnesota...


nor plants like this




down to the riverwalk





there were often mosaics under the bridges

Latin! it always feels like home when there's Latin

sidewalk designs + my cute shoes




Elisabeth and her purse matched the flowers

I wasn't the only photographer along for the ride

this place was so cute, it deserved another picture



We started out our first full day in San Antonio by turing the Alamo which, although fun, was rather small and was mostly a garden and the bare remains of the church. From there, we proceeded to walk almost the whole riverwalk, looking at all the gorgeous waterfalls and plants and buildings that lined both sides of the river. Walking with a group of people not my family taught me two things: a) It's a good thing I'm a fast walker because I always stop for pictures and end up way behind, so then I walk quickly to catch up, get ahead, and then proceed to fall back again because I've seen something else to photograph. b) Our family takes vacations at a killer pace, and we stuff every minute with stuff, so I am much more prepared and ready and eager to go all out and walk miles and miles to explore than most other people. So when we decided to take the two mile trek from the end of the riverwalk to the Japanese Tea Gardens (after having already walked three miles or so), I didn't even bat an eye. 

But those photos will have to wait for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment