Hello, yes, it's me again, popping in to say that my little Raspberry going berry picking is the cutest thing I've ever seen.
I wasn't sure how well she would do with berry picking. She has been very interested in the few berry plants we have in our garden at home, and since she loves to look for ripe berries, we decided to bring her along to the berry patch. We brought her uncle G along to help watch her so that we could actually get some picking done, and she was very excited. She still today, almost a month later, talks to me about "berries with G." She took her berry picking job very seriously, as you can see from the look of concentration on her face. She picked almost a whole container while we were there! She was careful to set the berries in her container gently, and look for good berries (although Gerhardt had to help her discern which berries were ripe and which were not ready to be picked). It was seriously the sweetest thing I've ever seen, which is saying a lot since that same day I also made two strawberry pies and those are pretty sweet as well.
In other news, berry picking while you're seven months pregnant is an adventure. Thankfully, the berry crop was so much better than last year, and we managed to get the 10 quarts we wanted relatively quickly. I was able to make 8 jars of jam and two pies all by myself (I definitely missed the help from the days of doing berries back home though). Now our black raspberries in the garden are ripe, and I'm hoping to make a batch of raspberry jam with those next. We will see if I get around to it!



















No comments:
Post a Comment