I read The Hunger Games on Thursday, the day we finally got it from the library. A lot of my friends told me I should read it, and I said 'Yeah, okay' rather half heartedly. Frankly, it didn't seem like it would be my kind of book. But I read it anyway.
The plot, which you may or may not already know, is thus- The 12 districts of Panem must send two tributes every year to the Capitol to compete in the Hunger Games. One boy and one girl. There in the games, broadcast across the whole nation, they have to fight and kill one another until only one remains. When Katniss Everdeen offers to take her sister's place in the games, she expects she'll never make it home. But soon she finds she might have a chance at winning.
The writing style, I thought was rather... rushed. The author could have taken a little more time through it. She doesn't describe things very often, she mostly focuses on the action. Which I guess is okay for this type of a book, since action is basically all it is. Also, the plot was rather transparent. But I thought it was good anyway and the characters were pretty good too. I wouldn't rant and rave about it or anything, but I enjoyed it.
You can read a whole lot more about it by clicking here. Just don't click on 'show spoilers' if you want to read the book yourself.
Yes, I'll be reading the next ones in the series as soon as I can. I'm currently 32nd in line at the library. So it might be a while.
Anybody else read this? Or do you have any book recommendations?
I liked the series too. Gale or Peeta?? Hmmmm book recommendations..., Maybe I'll do a post on it later..
ReplyDeletePeeta all the way. :) Gale doesn't show up enough for me to like him that much. What about you?
ReplyDeleteGALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. Gale's a hunter and Katniss's best friend so I like him! :)
ReplyDelete