Sunday, 8 January 2012

Of Many Epiphanies


Happy Late Epiphany everyone!

My lack of posting this week was due to the fact that I was gone Wedn. through Sat. visiting my best friends.

me, Ramona, Lydia, Ellie

The trip was filled with photo shoots, movie making, 'heart to hearts', walks, Trivial Pursuit, Apples to Apples, laughing our heads off, late nights, and celebrating Christmas a second time. Even though we don't get to see them very often, every visit is worth the long wait.

Taylor Swift pose :)

We took a BUNCH of pictures- I think the total ended up around 300 (smiles sheepishly). We went to the Nature Center and did a big photo shoot with the little kids and the four of us.

Little Sisses and BFFs

Little brothers who, you can tell, get on the wild side.

Lydia and Ellie, the not-so-little sisters. :)

Sadly, I forgot to get a picture of just me and Ramona. So goes the curse of being the photographer. Sigh.

See, at least I got pictures of the four older girls, if not just Ramona and I.

But we didn't just go to their house. Remember my dad's cousin who's now living in England? The one I'll be staying with when I go? He's really the reason we went. He was ordained at the Epiphany service there. And may I just say that despite the fact that the service was 2 hours long, it was way, way too short. It was one of the most beautiful services I've ever been to. Oh- and added bonus- we got to meet Pastor Fisk of Worldview Everlasting fame. Ellie and I really couldn't believe it when we saw him.

See? Back row, second from the right. That's my dad. And right next to him is Pr. Fisk! My uncle is standing right in front of him (second from right , front row) and my dad's cousin is the one front and middle

This is the baptismal font at the church. It was so cool I had to show a picture of it. The water is overflowing, which you may or may not be able to tell from the picture. And yes, it's very big

Well, after that we went to bed and then began the long trip home again. And then we went to bed again and got up and went to church and then came back home to get ready for the Epiphany party my parents hosted. Amidst the preparations I had my own small epiphany. So here I give you the magical solution to boredom... (because I was really bored. It's always boring the day you get back from vacation.)

Fill a whiteboard with quotes.

No, I'm not kidding. I do it a lot, actually. It's ridiculously fun and entertaining.

This is from the first time I did this, a while ago. Ignore the 'Danes' poem on the right

This is from when I did it today.

I had other pictures when the quotes weren't only from LotR, but I don't know where they are and I don't feel like looking. :P

And with that I bid thee goodnight.

5 comments:

  1. So was the church you went to an Anglican church? Or Baptist? Or what? It sounded like you had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it was a Lutheran church. And yes, it was a wonderful time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah - I love those pics and demand them all instantly! :) This is Ramona, not Lydia, btw, I didn't succeed at logging her out... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why thank you! And I'll be sure to send you them, all though it might take a while due to the amount... :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you through Ellie, and I adore your pictures. Especially the Taylor Swift reference! :)

    ReplyDelete