No, I didn't get the wrong settings. When we got to the house it was grey and cloudy and there was frost on the ground. So the grass really was that weird minty color in the pictures. Not the prettiest now, but imagine it in summer. Plus, later the sun came out and the frost went away. And then I got better pictures. :)
Mom and Dad, take note. We should design our 'garden' (aka backyard) like this. With a monument. Monuments totally rock. :)
If I were to post all the pictures I took here, you'd never get to the end. And lots of them aren't very good. The whole white-grey-skies and frosty ground doesn't make it easy to take good pictures. But of course, there's always photoshop to the rescue, right? Sigh. When I get home. At least the sun came out for the monument pictures, right?
Rachel, Miranda, and I in front of the house
This tree reminds me of the Whomping Willow :)
You can tell when the sun came out by the quality of the photos. The Whomping Willow tree was taken in sunlight. The other three weren't. I guess I shouldn't complain though- apparently grey is the usual colour for English winters. I've just been lucky enough to have two whole weeks of almost nothing but sun.
Isn't this bridge cool? It looks kind of like a monument itself.
Some of the dishes from the servant's quarters
The outside of the stables. The brick is taken from an old monastery. It used to be the servants quarters but they turned it into a stable when they built the newer servants quarters. And by newer, I mean 1700s,you know. Still older than America. :)
I think Audley End would be an awesome place to grow up. Imagine all the adventures you could have just by being in your backyard. Imagine living in a house so big. Also, since I just finished reading Pride and Prejudice, I couldn't help but think of Pemberley as I was there. But I didn't run into Mr. Darcy. He must be out at Netherfield visiting Bingley. Or maybe he's at Longbourn for some other reason... ;)
Expect more on P&P later. For now, just drool with me over the prospect of having not one, not two, but three Greek ruins in your backyard. Even if they're just fakes. A good fake is better than nothing. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment