Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Where oh where did Winter go?



Dear winter,
Why do you mock me so? You know perfectly well I'm not lying when I say you're my favorite. Are you trying to test me or something? What's with this 60 degree weather? I do not appreciate it.

My sisters and I

I'm sorry, you're going to have to put up with an extremely incoherent, random post today.

I think this is a cool looking tree.



I am waiting for someone to ask me what colleges I've toured so far so I can reply "Oh, only Cambridge and Oxford." Why do I only come up with witty responses to questions that I'm never asked?


Maybe I should have gone shopping here just on principle.

Alyianna posted some LotR questions on her blog. So, seeing as it's official LotR month (as of right now Gandalf and Pippin are riding to Minas Tirith), I decided to answer them.

1. Who is your favourite character in all of Tolkien's books that you have read? Aragorn. Then Sam. Then Gandalf. I'm choosing to read this question as concerning only LotR since I don't want to have to try to decide over all his books.
2. Do you have any pet peeves concerning LOTR? Yes. I do. (Oh, you mean you wanted me to tell you what they are? Well one of them is when people say LotR is too hard to read and give up after the first chapter. It is not too hard. Persevere.)
3. The Hobbit or LOTR? Ahahahaha... good one. But I can't pick. I just can't.
4. Which "perversion" do you detest the most in PJ's LOTR? Hmm... maybe the changing of Aragorn and Faramir's character.
5. Have you watched Ralph Bakshi's animated LOTR? If so, what do you think of it? Nope
6. If you could visit one place in Middle Earth, where would it be? Uh... well I would choose everywhere if I could. They all have their own reasons to be visited. Maybe Rivendell.
7. Which of the following would you rather be - an elf, man, hobbit, dwarf, or ent? Well, let's go the logical order here... I'm too tall to be a hobbit or a dwarf (plus, remember there are no dwarf women and dwarves just spring out holes in the ground...:)) I'm much too short to be an ent. And the entwives are lost anyways. So that leaves man or elf. And seeing as I'm already a man (or, shall I rephrase that to I am no man?) I'll choose elf.
8. You wake up one day to find that you are the Balrog standing at the Bride of Khazad-dum and Gandalf is telling you to go back! What do you do? Well, I would ignore him and fall into the abyss and he would too and then my ruin would be smote upon the mountainside. Because if I did go back Gandalf would never have become Gandalf the White.
9. Which character do you think PJ could have improved on in LOTR? Aragorn and Faramir, as already stated.
10. Which of the three PJ LOTR movies do you like best? The Return of the King. My favorite movie ever.
11. What is your favourite book of all the books Tolkien has wrote? What would bring you to ask such a torturous question? I don't think I'm physically capable of answering that.


The fact that it was snowier in England than it is here saddens me greatly.

Don't be shocked if I end up moving to Alaska.

Though with my luck, you know I'll end up in Texas.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! <3
    That shop... I need to visit.

    eve @ essence of eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is LOTR month??? :O

    Loved your answer to #7. Yeah, I hated Faramir's change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only LotR month because I decided it should be. :) After all, most of the Two Towers and Return of the King happen in March. Or if not most, at least a lot.

      Delete
  3. Yay for Pippin and Gandalf!! :)

    I just didn't understand why the change in Faramir. But anyways, you'll learn more when you read MY answers to these questions (yet to be revealed on my blog). :)

    Awesome pictures, as usual. Doesn't it feel awesome to just do a post filled with random?

    Abbie /// XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Random posts are awesome. :) Can't wait to read your answers!

      Delete