Thursday, 6 December 2012

A Tolkien Tag


An Unexpected Blog Party


You should all go check out this Tolkien Party and then answer these questions. Because they're really, really fun and we're all Tolkien lovers at heart.

1. How did you first hear about LOTR & The Hobbit? I first learned about them from my parents when I was very little. I don't honestly remember the exact occasion I just remember that all of a sudden they were my favorites.
2. How many times have you read LOTR/The Hobbit? Or have you yet to read it at all? I'm going to say about ten times each. I read them a lot.
3. Would you name your child after a character from it? Possibly, not something too strange because I wouldn't want to make my child embarrassed to tell people their name, but you know, Sam is a regular old name. :P Luthien wouldn't be too bad either, you know, Lucy could be a nickname.
4. What are your thoughts on Tom Bombadil? Do you think he should have been in the movie? I love Tom Bombadil in the books but I think Peter Jackson made the right decision to not put him in the movies because I don't think it would have flowed well. I think it would have caused more problems than it would be worth.
5. Do you have a favourite piece of poetry from any of Tolkien's books? Oohh, I love this question! Of course, I love the poem about Aragorn (not all those who wander are lost) and the poem about the One Ring, but I also really Over the Misty Mountains Cold and the Man in the Moon Came Down Too Soon, and Beren's song about Luthien. Tolkien was a brilliant poet. :)
6. Have you read any of Tolkien's work besides LOTR and/or The Hobbit? Yes, I have read the Silmarillion, The Smith of Wootton Major, The Children of Hurin, and Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
7. Can you write in the Tengwar? Certainly if I have the alphabet in front of me, but I do know a couple of the letters by heart (I can write my name, does that count? :))
8. Were you at all disappointed that Prince Imrahil wasn't in the movie? Let's just say the first time I saw the movies I hadn't read the books, so I didn't know about him. Now that I have read the books, I still can't say I'm that disappointed. Sure, he could have been put in, but I was never really attached to him anyway.
9. What would happen if you and Denethor were put face to face? Honestly, if we were face to face I would probably faint on the spot because I was actually in Middle Earth. I probably wouldn't have time to say or do anything else. :)
10. Would you rather reside in Edoras or Minas Tirith? Minas Tirith because that's where Aragorn is king. cough cough.
11. What think you of Éomer's armour? I love it
12. What do you think of Boromir? I don't like him as well as Faramir or as well as a lot of the other characters, but he has some good qualities and I certainly don't hate him.
13. Which is your favourite LOTR couple: Sam & Rosie, Aragorn & Arwen, or Faramir & Éowyn? Aragorn and Arwen
14. Did you shed any tears when Thorin died? I don't often cry while reading books so I can't say that I did. I was also, like nine or so when I first heard the story and nine year olds cry even less frequently while reading books.
15. Which is most terrifying of the following: orcs nabbing you in your sleep, giant spiders crawling out of dark tunnels and forests, Nazgul standing right over where you're hiding, or a ghost army that doesn't like you very much? Is it permissible to say all of them? I would never want to meet an orc, spiders are creepy, and Nazgul are pure evil. The ghost army would be the least frightening to me. Maybe spiders would be worse because they're in tunnels and I hate tunnels.
16. How well would you enjoy life as a hobbit? Would it be preferable to being something like, say, an elf? Or a Ranger? I would love to be a hobbit. I wouldn't be much good as a Ranger, but it would be neat to be an elf. But hobbits are awesome so I'll just stick with them. :)




---We're down to a week now!---

3 comments:

  1. eeep! I'm soo excited for the premiere! There is no way I'm missing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely going to have to check out your blog more often during the school year! ;) Anyway...I awarded you. :) (http://catholicteen15.blogspot.ca/2012/12/hello-its-been-awhile.html) ...And I did this tag, too, so you may want to check it out while you're over there. :P

    ReplyDelete