Wednesday, 5 December 2012

My Dream House (and yours too!)



I would like to say that everyone at some point in time has had a 'dream house', but I can't quite say that because for the longest time it wasn't true of me.  I didn't give any thought at all to how I would like my house someday because, let's face it, I'll never be able to have everything I want in a house.  But recently I've changed my opinion on dream houses just a bit.  I still don't believe I will ever have my dream house, but it's oh so much fun to plan it out, figuring out all the little details that make it your very own.  I guess, in a way, your dream house can say a lot about you, your taste in color and style and people you like and whether you like to cook or whether you prefer to create something that will last longer than just the time it takes to eat.  Whether you think more about color or layout in a room and what parts of your current house you like and which parts aren't so great.

All this is to say, I've made a list of things my dream house would consist of, both big and small.  So sit back, enjoy this chance to psycho-analyze me and join in the fun yourself!

My Dream House

- in the mountains of New Zealand (second choice: somewhere in England)
- a cupboard full of many different kinds of tea
- a huge library with floor to ceiling bookshelves and a ladder to reach the top shelves
- a fireplace to read by
- a big kitchen with lots of counter and cupboard space
- a grand piano
- a music studio
- photos and art on the walls
- a shelf full of photo albums that contain all the memories of years gone by
- numerous tea sets
- a room with one wall made only of windows, overlooking the mountains
- a secret room somewhere behind a bookcase
- Apple computers
- lots of notebooks and pencils and pens
- a wardrobe with the woods of Narnia painted on the back (wouldn't that be super cool?)
- coffee/tea mugs with my favorite quotes on them
- strawberry and raspberry bushes in the backyard
- king size bed
- a huge whiteboard on one wall
- crucifixes from Oberammergau
- a toy room decorated with all sorts of lovely quotes on the walls
- lots of little trinkets from all over the world
- German cuckoo clock
- lots of candles
- maps of Earth and Middle Earth and Narnia on the walls in one room
- a drawer full of hair things and a large supply of bobby pins (you can never have enough)
- flowers and linens on the tables
- large wooden dining room table
- candelabra
- a freezer full of beef
- full length mirrors
- lots of dishes to cook and bake with
- a tower with a spiral staircase
- Playmobil and LotR legos in the toy room
- wood or tile floors
- everything labeled with the corresponding words in a different language
- lots of natural light (good for photos!)
- European drying rack
- large collection of movies/TV shows
- closet full of board games
- lots and lots of Christmas decorations
- collection of foreign currency
- some sort of stereo system to listen to music in any room
- huge flatscreen TV with lots of comfy seating around it
- drapes that go all the way to the floor
- cupboard full of spices
- address of 221 B Baker St ;)
- Speak Friend and Enter written about a door
- window seat
- nativity sets
- a writing desk by a window

And that is my dream house.  Full of lots of little details that describe me pretty well, I think.  But let's not make this just about me: you should post about your dream house too, and then send me the link so I can read it.

---only 8 days!---

2 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot like what my dream house would be like. :) Particularly the library and the England/New Zealand location.

    ~Nessíma

    {p.s. I'm having a Tolkien blog party. Come check it out, why don't you?}

    ReplyDelete