Friday, 22 May 2015

Fredericksburg







this is one of the 12 atomic bombs made in the Manhattan project


a model of the USS Nimitz



yum!






Fredericksburg, Texas is a cute little German-esque town not far from San Antonio. It has lots of neat little shops, with cute German things like incense smokers and beer steins and lovely linens. You can find German words like "Wilkommen" and "Hauptstrasse" on different signs throughout town, and you can enjoy some delicious bratwursts in the restaurants. We also went to the Pacific War Museum and got to see (among other things) a submarine and an atomic bomb. While the city itself was very neat and very German, our hotel was less than stellar and I was more than ready to move on by the time our bus left the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics! I looked through your blog - I've never been to this place, but as a German, it sounds like a pretty nice place. Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete